11-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #52
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I just saw a commercial during the ASU vs. Oregon game showing a bunch of cool Mustangs. Guess what happened? A dorky EV CUV showed up.

Shameful.
I saw that commercial. Nice to see all the old Mustangs I grew up adoring. My Dad had a '65 Black over red. I was just a tot, but I still remember riding in it and have visuals of it stuck in my head.

I think the purpose of the commercial was to get Mustang fans' attention and then Boom, hit them with a "New Ford Company" pitch but of a company not forgetting it roots(?). That was my reaction to it at least. What I don't get is releasing the hype a year before it will be for sale "in late 2020". Too early IMO. Maybe they are trying to capitalize on the Ford vs. Ferrari movie hype?

Hopefully they'll make a version that is RWD and 300-mile range and high $30,000's in price. I don't really care for a Tesla-like sub 4-second acceleration time; I've had a few motorcycles that could run those times and after about the 5th time you do a pull, you get used to it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-29-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0