View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 01:29 PM   #11
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I picked up a G21 with 18" M (non rft) a week ago and heard a annoying grinding noise. My dealer located it to a bad bearing and replaced it. Maybe the noise got a little better, but it still there. The dealer tried some other wheels and they said it disappeared They also tried a set of the same wheels as I have but from another car in my car and they had the same noise. I run on Bridgestone Turanza and the dealer is now waiting for a respond from BMW how to proceed. I'm not sure that it's only the tyres because I hear it also with my wintertyres but much quieter. I'm finding it very strange that they replaced a bad bearing and then said it also is the tyres! On a brand new car!
They are very fast to jump the conclusions. And blaming it on the tires is just a little to easy. I tried two different sets of Pirelli and one set of Bridgestone. It is equally bad on all three sets. Fortunately my dealer has acknowledged that the noise shouldn't be there (two different mechanics in the BMW workshop)

I'm wondering if the noise could come from a bad bearing in the back, as the two front bearings already have been changed. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.
Appreciate 0