View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

I've had my M340i for a little over a month. At first, the Connected Drive app worked intermittently (maybe 50% if the time). Last Friday night I parked in an underground parking garage while having dinner and absolutely nothing has worked since then.

The app now tells me that I don't have a Connected+ subscription, and when I try to access any of the remote services, they fail and it tells me "no data connection available."

I called BMW and they said it's a known issue and that they are migrating to a new system, etc. I'm pretty sure somebody posted this exact response weeks ago on here. No ETA for a fix.

It's peculiar that it broke at the exact time I was parked in an underground garage. Obviously the car had no data connection while parked there. I wonder if there is some glitch where if the car loses signal it isn't able to reconnect afterwards. I wonder if pushing the SOS button would still work? Maybe that would force a reconnection request to BMW and restore functionality?

FWIW, the wife's X3 Connected Drive is nearly perfect, working perfect right now as a matter of fact.
Appreciate 0