View Single Post
      07-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #23
tuffode
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 E30s and an E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Disagree my friend. I know you have sour grapes with your former 540i and respect but disagree with your point of view. I don't track cars and there are no canyons where I live, so the driving and handling dynamics of this car are more than satisfying for what I expect and want on this class of car.

My E90 as lovely as it was wit its handling and more analogue steering/driving experience was on the harsh side with a suspension that transmitted way too much into the interior compartment and an artificially heavy power steering that made low speed maneuvers and parking needlessly high effort.

I get my opinion is unpopular on a enthusiast forum whose generally demeanor as of late is to hate on anything BMW does these days but I believe they still get many things right for those of us that drive and use our cars like the rest of people do: in the street.
The thing is most of the current BMW's aren't more fun to drive then their Mercedes equivalents, and some modern MB's actually have better steering. The whole point of BMW in my opinion was that it's a more sporty car, and if you wanted something more comfy like you do, you would purchase a Benz.

It's all fine I guess, but they shouldn't still be advertising their cars as the "Ultimate Driving Machine" if they are going to continue to keep releasing cars with the same dreary personalities.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
ted99242.00
///M TOWN16422.50