Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Oh. So basically a BMW version of the Tesla Model X?
Until BMW brings out the iNext they will have absolutely nothing even close.

And as far as iNext competeing with Model X performance, we'll have to wait and see.
You know, a new thought came to mind. Could it be that the x6 will be discontinued after this current generation run and BMW intends to call the next generation version the x8? I mean, that's what they did with the 6 series. Killed the 6 and replaced it with the 8 which is basically the same car with a higher price.
I doubt it. The X6 actually sells compared to the 6 coupe and vert which did poorly in its second iteration. The X6 is just an X5 with a different design on the outside, but BMW always tried to make the 6 coupe/vert more than just a 5-series with two doors, especially when they priced it closer to that of a 7, and tried differentiating the interior more from the other models in the lineup, that likely didn't help though with sales.
Your thoughts make sense. As a repeat x6 owner myself, I see a few of them on the road so they seem to move relative to the number of them that are produced. I just thought maybe the x8 would be BMW's way to try and squeeze more money out of people like me who buy the x6. I guess we will have to wait and see what this new x8 ends up being in production form.