04-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #116
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by khailuan View Post
Unbelievable... The most common reaction here after learning that BMW might produce a new M model is bitching. The worst part is that they haven't even seen a sketch of it let alone a concept. Hating something without even seeing it first... that's a new low. Take an effin business class people. Car companies like BMW need to expand their product lines, pierce new markets (or create new ones) in order to attract a new clientele if they want to maintain growth and keep that top position among luxury car makers.
I agree with you! Setting aside the M performance v M conversation/confusion, M vehicle philosophy can, should, and is permeating all of their vehicle lines. Some variants will last, some won't. I guess it started with the OG 4 door M3. I'm a SUV guy, as is quite a bit of the US market, so I love my F86. Ride height, winter usage, some cargo capacity, and ease of access, are all important to me in a daily driver. And I challenge anyone to convince me it's not worthy of M status with its overall dynamics. If they make a XM8 or 7 I bet they extract crazy performance and the debate will rage on! I do think they have to be careful about diluting too much, but they will be watching sales and numbers carefully and adjust as necessary. I work for a Munich based company, so trust me this is all well thought out. My two cents.
Appreciate 1
khailuan112.50