Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
This seem strange. An S55 M2 will probably be really close to the M3 price wise. If they can fit the S55 and keep the price around the N55 M2 level that will be one hell of a deal!
Yeah, I'd think a B58TU "standard" M2 would be more likely. Also would be nice if there's a switch to the carbon-fiber chassis (CLAR?) for significant weight reduction.
I'm in agreement here. I much more see a B58T030 going in place of the n55 and not an S55 .. in order to really keep the M4 upscale but who knows. They've made so many s55s at this point the cost is probably lower for the older motor
I wonder, though, if BMW sees the interior being a large enough differentiating factor between the M2 and M3/M4 to allow for similar engine output. Maybe their thinking is that customers will still shift to the M3/M4 due to different interior materials and choices, which I'm guessing a lot of buyers of these cars will do.

I'll admit I'm probably one of those buyers. My guess is I'd really love driving the M2, but I prefer the interior (and color choices) of the M3 a bit more.
Appreciate 2