firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
It depends on how much you love your sound.
If you do Hifi will not cut it , even the HK system is not IMHO audiophile quality.
Looking at replacing all the speakers and the amp possibly with 3rd party options for the HK system now :- Bavsound or Bimmertech
Again it depends on what your "ear standards" are and if you can discern good sound from great sound and whether it matters to you.
To me after listening critically, HK is not very good , the high frequencies lack that musical sparkle and is not very smooth and the amp does not control the midrange very well it's not tight.
I have a 2 month old BMW 330i M Sport G20 with HK 16 speaker system
I like female vocal and sometimes techno(lots of bass) so opposite sides of the spectrum, when I put the system up to high volumes it does not sound good , so HK is only for mid volume listening.
Also bass is just not there from the underseat speakers
So if you get the car you can always replace the speakers and amp to better ones, so dont let that discourage you from getting it
Good luck
good insight - thanks a lot. car is en route picking it up any day now, so going to see how my ears react. i cant call myself an audiophile per say but i do absolutely love my music - im rarely a podcast or talk radio guy.

im 100% going to replace my speakers, leaning towards bavsound since they seem the most straight forward. my next thought is how bad i need an amp upgrade for them? subs are out of the question too much of a hassle with the new g20's & i think itll have enough knock for my taste..just need that clean, crisp punch from the speakers like you mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
It depends on how much you love your sound.
If you do Hifi will not cut it , even the HK system is not IMHO audiophile quality.
Looking at replacing all the speakers and the amp possibly with 3rd party options for the HK system now :- Bavsound or Bimmertech
Again it depends on what your "ear standards" are and if you can discern good sound from great sound and whether it matters to you.
To me after listening critically, HK is not very good , the high frequencies lack that musical sparkle and is not very smooth and the amp does not control the midrange very well it's not tight.
I have a 2 month old BMW 330i M Sport G20 with HK 16 speaker system
I like female vocal and sometimes techno(lots of bass) so opposite sides of the spectrum, when I put the system up to high volumes it does not sound good , so HK is only for mid volume listening.
Also bass is just not there from the underseat speakers
So if you get the car you can always replace the speakers and amp to better ones, so dont let that discourage you from getting it
Good luck
good insight - thanks a lot. car is en route picking it up any day now, so going to see how my ears react. i cant call myself an audiophile per say but i do absolutely love my music - im rarely a podcast or talk radio guy.

im 100% going to replace my speakers, leaning towards bavsound since they seem the most straight forward. my next thought is how bad i need an amp upgrade for them? subs are out of the question too much of a hassle with the new g20's & i think itll have enough knock for my taste..just need that clean, crisp punch from the speakers like you mentioned
Ah that's great

I think you will need to replace the amp when I have been doing the research the HiFi amp is underpowered , I think even my hk amp is underpowered
When I say underpowered it's not that it does not go loud it does but the control over the speaker cone is not there so the bass is not tight and the highs are not smooth sometimes very bright
Another forum member with a Hifi system is getting a German amp made by Fischer Audiotek they seem to be the best
The model is a Match UP7DSP
Have a look
Yup I agree proper subs in the boot in a box will take up too much space and maybe I am too old for my boot to go doof doof
Appreciate 0