SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
My first service is due in 8000KM (I'm currently at 7000KM). Engine oil in 2021!

Has anyone had any experience asking BMW to change the oil at the first service when the computer technically says no need? I mean I have BSI basic but I'm happy to pay.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the concept of a BMW having oil in it that is more than 20,000 KM old.
I have the BMW 5 year servicing plan, but I have always had an oil change every year. BMW pays for it every two years and I pay for it in the in between years.
I do this for my own peace of mind. And I do this for all three cars that I own. Call me old fashioned but I believe oil is like butter, it goes off after a while.
I have heard somewhere that the M340iX may have an issue with using oil at a slightly greater than normal rate, so I will definitely get an oil change at my first service in April and pay for it myself.