View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #9
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
So much of what we see or hear is confusing.

The i4 was touted as the Tesla Model 3 competitor with pricing starting at $50K.
I'm not sure BMW has claimed that for a while, where did you read that?

Quote:
Leaks of two models being offered at the launch i430 i440 will not have the 530HP we keep seeing in all these articles. Every article I read, seems to be talking 530HP. Again, making no sense.
The launch models will the i440 and i4 M50, the i435 (not i430) will apparently come later. The i4 M50 is the 530 HP one.

Quote:
The concept (which is supposedly at least 85% of what will be in the production car) certainly doesn't jibe with the pictures/videos we see in camo. Body lines look off to me. Hood lines don't match the concept.
I'm not sure what you expected? The 4 concept (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FZ63v_dEkms/maxresdefault.jpg) also had a different hood line than the production G22, they can do that for the concept cause they don't need to cater to safety regulations etc.

Anybody who thought the i4 would get a different hood line than the G22/G26 was delusional.

Quote:
Interior shots in this video look pretty mundane too.
Well, we'll see about that. The iX seems to get an interior which is not too far off from the concept. So far, BMW hasn't shown the final i4 design.

Quote:
The concept IMO was stunning, but the rendered production version looks pretty clunky in comparison (IMO). The ICE 4 series looks much better to my eye than the rendered i4 and looks closer to the concept.
I think we can assume that the final production version will look very similar to the 4 Gran Coupe/G26, possibly with a grille structure more akin to the iX than the G22.
Appreciate 3
VetteGuy845.50
OM3RTA394.00
PABrian150.50