View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #20
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny176 View Post
Doubt it's the badge or the number that follows. Average person doesn't know the difference between the models or could tell a 340 from a 330 or 320. I think most people assume BMW as being sporty and fast. Also, maybe just a coincidence. Same time and place. My 0.02
Have to disagree, can only speak for LA, but generally people absolutely notice and know on some degree that the M 340i is a beast, there is no doubt. Very pointed difference when trading in my 328i E90 before. M Sport and other additions only further it. They are just different kind of cars and people tend to know that, at least in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver17 View Post
I was thinking tint could help. My gf notices it a lot less than me. Maybe I just look like the type that wants to race? lol Also I usually accelerate pretty quick, not crazy, but half throttle and shift at 3-3.5k. Enough that someone might think I'm trying to go fast. I try not to do this around any car that looks like it may want to race though.
Tint I went with, 3M Colorstable 35% all around, at first I felt it was too light but it has grown on my and find it to be perfection over some time.