RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
rcz22 ,

Appreciate you letting us know about the menu selections, since quite honestly I had forgotten how to get to Tach display in HUD. I had it working when I got my car & on subsequent software updates-- until 07/2020.45 that was done by my dealer. After that update Tach only appeared in HUD when I selected ALWAYS ON.

Recently, my car got its first OTA update to 07/2020.54. After that I redid my custom coding.

I just checked my car a little while ago and neither of the additional items for Instrument Panel or HUD. At this point, I doesn't matter whether it's a glitch in the update or perhaps the custom coding.

Since for now, I am down to Bimmercode, it's somewhat challenging to research HG_MGU CAFD/NCD files. Would appreciate any help in determining what functions to code to get Tach displaying in HUD

Thanks

UPDATE: Thanks to E-Sys & E-SysX, found out why even iDrive menu option to display Tach HUD disappeared. When I "uncode" the tire pressure Instrument cluster (M_VEHICLE_SP2018_RUEKO), car goes back to displaying DISPLAY, HUD SPORT DISPLAY -- but only works in ALWAYS & not SPORT ONLY. Given that choice unfortunately, I opt for tire pressure

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1