View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #190
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW dis a lot if shitty mistakes lately. I can provide a list of at least 20 people in my circle that moves from BMW to Audi due to design only!
I have expected this and I have predicted this steps for a long time now as many things were “engineered” by the CFO and other idiotic members that sees only $ signs.

1 Series should have stay as it was HOT Hatch with RWD and true xDrive not shitty Haldex. It was an unicorn and a logical choice of many European car lovers that need a small RWD hatch. Instead they brought up a shitty and expensive Mazda or whatever with FWD transmission. So they blend in with the plebes. They had a unique winner and they killed it.
Nothing new in here, move on.

2 Series Touring was that Black sheep that never belonged in this carmaker portfolio no matter what others say. It was against any BMW philosophy, from every point of view.

The 8 Series, while a hood looking and true BMW did not managed to design it in a such way that can take other two people in the back. Two chihuahua will fight for space in there. A 2007 Accord has similar dimensions, yet, the leg room is absolutely impressive with a 6.2 ft person barely reaching the front bottom if sitting in the front and with more than acceptable (actually comfortable for normal people in the rear. I have been three times down to the dealership ready to buy the new 8 Series and could not justify the price for that cramped interior. Very bad space fragmentation. Live the car but many hate it for the same reason. Even my sales guy who I am very close with, told me that people reguse the vehicle due to lack of space. Literally a bigger Z4 for a bigger price.

As the article mentioned, the design is so all over the place that the jokes around me as a BMW fan are not even funny anymore!
I am literally embarassed and while a design is a personal thing, when ten people tell you that you are drunk, you better acknowledge that and go to sleep...

The engine cut is a vey very stupid idea, someone better fire that CFO before he will destroy the brand. BMW means Bayerische MOTORREN Werke not Bayerische
Minimum Werke.

Also, my opinion is that electric will not bring much and the majority of people I know do not want to brace electric for too many reasons. And, in some wide countries (US/ Canada), this is mot a feasible choice.
Appreciate 0