View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #194
x5mannn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
This is simple for me - the health of the auto industry is not nearly as good as being portrayed worldwide. Automakers are having to dilute their brands and cut models out of necessity, not out of choice. Of course there are other factors too (in BMW's case, poor leadership).

I also think that automakers are grossly overreacting to the electric car phenomenon. To bet your entire future R&D to this is foolish IMO.
8 series had to go, it is an expensive hideous replacement dor the beautiful 6 series. Crystal gear knobs really?
The 6 GT has to go. The dealerships aren't even pushing them. Heck, when I tried to drive one they said none available when I was looking at one in the lot. They did not know how many or when they will get more.
The 3 GT is no loss,basically an ugly version of the 4 GC which is a sensible sized 6 GC. Just upgrade the interior.
We do not need a four door 2 series , an X8 , Mini Country man.
We do need the 2 convertible as the 4 convertible will be too big and will have a soft top.
Keep the Z4 as it is nice and ditch the 4 convertible.
Keep X4 but ditch the X2
Upgrade the interiors of all 3,4,5 , X5, X3s as Kias have copied the BMW interiors and are just as nice.

The i8 needs more powerrrrr!
Yes we need some electric cars but the wholesale move to electric everything is not justified or sustainable.
No one needs full autonomous level 5 cars , the industry is overreacting to electric and autonomous vehicles .
Appreciate 1