View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #65
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As somebody who lived in Seattle for a nearly a decade I can tell you first hand that very few people cared about them before 2012! Complete bandwagon fanbase in a city that historically never cared much for sports. Forbes found that the Seattle market was 26th in NFL viewership (of 32 NFL cities) and bottom 10 in social media followers before 2012. Pete the Cheat and his ring of d*ckhead loudmouth players, along with the fake fans, were an immediate turnoff for me. Only Wilson is a class act, albeit a media attention wh*re.

I wasn't originally from Seattle so I stuck by my crappy hometown team and always will, although I am bandwagoning for the Pats a bit this year b/c (a) my team sucks again and (b) I want to see the great Tom Brady own the haters.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.

As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
Appreciate 1