Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
as i said, i don't mean derivative as an insult. although i do tend to admire people or companies who are more original and pioneering, so from that perspective i respect Hyundai/Kia a little less.

Hyundai and Kia have a long history of copying design elements from other companies. you can look at all the photos of their cars if you don't believe me. so now i guess they're stepping up and hiring the designer, instead of copying his designs after they come out.

finally, what is this bullshit about fragile egos? what exactly would hurt a BMW fanboi's ego here? that an ex-BMW employee will start designing Kias 6-8 years from now that look like the BMW's of today? it's rich to see someone start transferring bias and blasting insults at 'keyboard warriors' from...behind his keyboard.
I wasn't directing the fragile ego remark directly at you. It's just a general observation on this thread and many others like it relating to cars like Genesis. It basically boils down to badge snobbery.

And like I said, everyone copies off each other. Lexus was accused of copying the S class in their early years. It just takes enough time for a brand to develop an image. Before that, it's going to seem like they copied off everyone else. It's hard to make unique designs that will be well accepted by the public.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00