View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #54
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
These are my thoughts. It's sad that someone has died in such a tragic way and that the people who have looked up to him have lost him.

However, it worries me that society can idolize someone simply for being a good athlete, instead of for their virtues.

Kobe raped a 19yr old girl, then him and his legal team went after her to ruin her in court and ruin her reputation, all to protect Kobe's reputation so him and his endorsements can profit. Eventually the case was dropped and settled outside of the court. With Kobe saying "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter." Like, there was blood everywhere all over both of their clothes and her reporting to have been in pain and telling him to stop...

During this act, he has also cheated on his wife and broke his marriage vows. Which completely disgusts me that someone can have so much disregard to do something that easily breaks up and destroys their family. His wife has stated that there's at least 100 people he's cheated on her with. Yet Kobe spoke often about being a devout catholic.

Now, maybe he's apologized privately for these things. (he certainly hasn't done so publicly) Had a breakthrough, vowed to change, and really stuck to it. I don't know. No one does.

But that's just my point. People are mourning the loss of a basketball player, someone who is good at catching and throwing balls and weaving between people, not idolizing him because they know he was a good person.

Your legal interpretation is just that, an interpretation.
The victims lawyers took this high profile case, without any degree of loss of quality of representation.
What actually transpired, we will never know, but the agreed to result was just that; agreed by both parties.

While you enjoy diminishing a persons accomplishments, because you feel it’s not as culturally or socially important, is negligible.

The furthest degree of mourning seems to be the loss of him as he was with his daughter at the time.

It’s pretty pathetic to be lambasting a persons existence, shortly after his passing, for your interpretation of “good” or “bad”, when you know absolutely nothing about his life. But you feel entitled to judge it because he “threw a ball”.
Curious what great morality your career has bestowed upon society?
Appreciate 0