09-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #15
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7crwolf View Post
I pulled the trim back that sits around that OBD port to try to take a look at where this gear thing might fit. I can't see anywhere obvious at all. It's designed to pull down easily with quick release clips, as all of the fuses are behind this. I don't know, I give up.
I can't honestly remember if the little storage holder was ever soft close. I don' t think my clip is broken... It's a mystery where it came from.
In my car, I know it broke from somewhere around the OBD port. It happened when I was trying to wiggle the OBD plug connecting the JB4 to the car out. I also remember the OBD port in the car suddenly become a bit "loose". I can move the port a little bit. At first, I thought I broke the port when this piece fell off. Luckily that was not the case. The port is still attached as it should be, just that it now wiggles a bit, which helps since I can get my fingers between the port and some other part near it, helping me get a better grip on the OBD plug of the JB4 to wiggle it out. With this piece in place, I couldn't so it this easily and the OBD port didn't move at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
My cubby was never soft close. One of the areas on the car that I noticed immediately as it felt cheap to open and close.
Exactly! Sometimes, it doesn't latch and the door falls open if I don't properly push it back in and make sure it's shut. It was so much better in my A4.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 09-13-2020 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0