View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #36
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
I'm in the west coast , and my car just hit the port in Germany. It's a very long wait for me unfortunately. Might take almost 2 months until I take actual delivery. But as far as the car and the handling goes , I'm fairly optimistic it'll be pretty darn good. Old steering rack or not , not that the old rack was bad , I'm talking newer lci F generation. It's just devoid of road feel. Precise and heavy weighted yes , but no road feedback. Same goes for my M4 , even more precise and crisp turn in , but again no feedback. With all that being said, this is a whole new platform with new suspension , dampers , etc etc. They've certainly optimized and calibrated the steering because of it. I'm just hoping BMW has done their homework.
I agree, the M4’s road feel is lacking ( surprising for a true “M” car). I usually drive with it on sport+, I prefer the heavy weighted feel.

I’m also optimistic, but there is a tinge of anxiety, I’ve been bitten before with the Infiniti Q50S DAS, that steering platform was atrocious, compared to G37!
Of course being an early adopter, reviews were initially scarce!!

Different company, different car...

2 months?? Well look at this way, you have a good buffer should you have to change your mind ... I would expect more info by June.
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1386.00