View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #95
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
In the case of the X5M the base X5, the G05 had the shortest time to market I think I ever seen for a BMW giving less time for X5M development and leading to an unusual amount of quality issues on the 2019s if the forum here is a decent gauge. This is obviously speculation on my part but I wouldn’t be surprised if the time to finish the X5M to a level expected by an M car just required the time to the launch and it wasn’t that it was held back at least not for any significant time.
You’re stretching. So, your belief is that the the last generation M3, current generation X5 M, and current generation X3 M just happen to have distinct but perfectly rational circumstances that kept them from preceding the M4, X6 M, and X4 M respectively. Yet, even as Flasch confirms the new M3 will wait until late next year, which also happens to allow time for it to launch with the M4, you think that’s a strange situation.

No doubt that if the two do end up coming together, you’ll find some new rationale to explain why they must have had to hold back the M3 again. Something - anything - other than the possibility that despite appearances to the casual outside observer, it genuinely does make the best business case to launch it together with the M4.

We’ll just agree to disagree.
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00