08-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #35
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
You write this as if that is of any importance. but in fact this doesnt matter at all.
They race to get maximum results. they only need respect from teams and sponsors to ensure their income and next years seat. And that means foremost results, and maybe consistency, but respect from other drivers plays no part.
Racing has only 1 goal. and that is to win. Respect from other drivers doesnt result in anything, there is no 'you know what, he's such a nice and respected guy, I think I'll let him pass' scenario.
Thats why professional drivers absolutely dont care about respect from other drivers. If that's in your nature, you wont make it anywhere near professional level racing, let alone F1. Because if earning respect means not going the full 100% for your own results, you'll never win at top level.

as for the crash, I see 3 drivers in 1 corner who all 3 thought they could get away with it or that 1 would back down. Guess all 3 were wrong...
They race to get maximum results. Everybody knows that. But there are unwritten rules in racing that should never be crossed.
That block on Kimi at over 300kph was not only irresponsible, but very dangerous to his colleague.
If someone less experienced than Kimi was there, he could have lost control, and losing control at that speed could be deadly.
I will repeat again, if he continues doing that, forget respect, he will be fired by his own team.
As for the crash, you are blaming all 3 drivers for that accident?
It was Kimis corner and that's it. Other two drivers made a mistake, as simple as that
Appreciate 1