10-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #14
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyM340i View Post
Hi all,

I've just purchased an AWE Touring Exhaust from Justin and can't wait till its arrived. Will post pics and vids once its installed.

Just a note to M340i Owners in Aus, call up your BMW dealer and ask them if modifying an exhaust would affect either 1) Inclusive Service (i got a five year pack) and 2) warranty.

I got the dealer to reply to me in an e-mail stating it would not impact the validity of the service plan at all (he even laughed on the phone and rhetorically asked "how would an exhaust impact the service?").

The dealer did tell me if the exhaust did damage the rest of the car, the warranty will not cover it (which is expected)

Hope this brings a little comfort to those who plan to mod but unsure of those issues
Hey Tim,

thank you for sharing the information provided by your dealer regarding the fitment of aftermarket parts and the potential impact on vehicle warranty.

Interestingly enough I have been speaking to my guy at BMW Sydney about the same matter. He was quite taken aback (lol) by how impressive the 20" BC wheels looked and would like to offer them (via JDTuning) as an aftermarket option to his customers, along with exhaust system upgrades and such.

Hopefully I'll have a definite list soon of the do's and dont's of maintaining new car vehicle warranty with the installation of aftermarket performance upgrades.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0