Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewusman View Post
My MY20 came with P-Zero run flats.

They are above average - extremely silent with decent but not incredible amounts of grip. Remains to be seen how long the compound will last.
I agree 100%. I have 20" P-Zero summer RFT and they are extremely quiet and I can corner at incredible speeds. Very impressive tires.

Now to the winter tires... I'm running Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 RFT on 19" wheels and they are extremely LOUD!!!! Almost embarrassingly loud. The handling doesn't compare to the P-zero tires. I can make these tires squeal around corners at high speed. That's nearly impossible to do with the P-Zero tires.

Is it the difference between the 19" and 20" wheels or is it the tires? Maybe both. But I will buy the P-Zero RFT again but definitely will NOT buy the Sottozero 3 RFT again.
You are comparing apples to oranges.
The Pirelli Sottozero is a high performance winter tire, the PZero is a summer tire. Both are excellent at what they are designed to do.
You may be right. I have limited experience with winter tires. But my question is... Are all winter tires noticeably loud? Once I hit 45 mph it sounds like I'm driving a jeep with oversized off-road tires!
Appreciate 0