Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M340I xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Thanx for all the great pics

I have the same wheel/tire setup only in Satin Bronze for our Portimau Blue M440i vert

Install is this weekend, but I was curious as to how the fitment will look closeup

Tom stated that the tires would be slightly stretched with that combo, but I really don't see it, & the tires are spec'd for a wheel range with the Apex being in the middle of range
I agree from internet research that the front 235mm are "small" in the 9 inch wheel" and the rear 265mm are mid range fitment for the 10" wheel. I don't know everything about wheel mounting, but the front "bead" does look cleaner than the rear where there's a bit of hanging wheel edge vs the front. It looks like that on my other car with these same tires so I figured it was a Michelin thing? Look hard at the back wheel angle shots and you might spot what in trying to describe. Fwiw, on the front wheels the bead looks exactly like that on the "inside" of the wheel, and again I'm not 100% sure if it's just a matter of how the tire "pops" / seals into the wheel when inflated?

I'll try to get a couple detailed comparison shots tonight that can highlight this difference.