View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #18
The Outrage
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

The G20 comes across as a larger car than previous 3-Series models. As such, it is probably better suited to more subtle colors, akin to a 5-Series. The color's pairing with the Cerium Gray trim color is also a consideration.

Here are my takes on the color selections that were available to me:

Alpine White: White color. Common.
Black Sapphire Metallic: Black color. Suits the car well. Hard to maintain finish. Common.
Mineral White Metallic: White color. Common.
Mineral Grey Metallic: Gray color. Common on non-BMW vehicles.
Sunset Orange Metallic: Rust-orange color. Looks a bit flashy on the G20.
Portimao Blue Metallic: Bright blue color. Looks a bit flashy on the G20.
Dravit Grey Metallic: Cement gray color with gold highlight. Looks gray in all but the very brightest sunlight.
Tanzanite Blue II Metallic: Black-navy blue color. High contrast from shadows to light. Looks "candy" blue color in sunlight. Looks black in shadow. Hard to maintain color.

I wasn't thrilled by the color selection available for the M340i in the United States. I think there are better colors available on the 330i, such as Blue Ridge Mountain Metallic and Vermont Bronze Metallic. Unfortunately, since this is a really serious performance vehicle, it needs to come in bland colors.

I selected Tanzanite Blue II Metallic. I liked the Sapphire Black Metallic color, but i figured if I was going to deal with the maintenance, I might as well get Tanzanite Blue II Metallic instead. Also, the additional cost and lack of (easy) availability on the 330i should ensure this color remains a rarity on the road.
Appreciate 0