View Single Post
      01-10-2024, 01:49 PM   #96
Seang1973
Rep
Drives: None

Wondering if anyone has any updates to this post. I recently swapped a mk7.5 Golf R with dynamic chassis control to a 2020 M340i. Was only able to take it for a short test drive but didn’t think it was too much stiffer in comfort mode compared to the Golf. Tighter for sure.

But I’m 350 miles in, since collecting it a week ago, and it’s really hurting my back. It has always been a weakness of mine. I had to chop an M2 LCI to go back to a Golf as it caused my back to light up with nerve issues. No such problem in the Golf but I wanted a chance and found the perfect spec, lightly used M340i.

I think I had the seats too low initially. They are merino leather with lumbar (not electric). I’ve now raised the seats up but my back is still recovering from the miles I did visiting relatives last weekend to show them the new motor.

I’m not overweight. Reasonably fit. 6 feet tall, 80kgs.

I’m going to let my back recover over the next week and gradually ease myself back into driving it. Thankfully I work from home so don’t need to drive every day. But my concern is that this car, like the M2 I had, is going to have to go in the interests of quality of life.

It makes me really sad that such a wonderful car in every other way somehow manages to make me suffer.

Thoughts welcome!
Appreciate 0