Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
That was a nice read! Congratulations on your new car
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
My friend with the e90 still misses that car, it was the perfect size, like I love my m340i don't get me wrong, but I've driven other peoples e90s, and given I generally at most have 2 other people in my car, the extra size of the G20 is just extra.
Thanks, I feel you. One of the big reasons I felt OK with going to the G20 was that it was the size of an E39 5-series. Everytime I drove an E39 I was like, "This car is the perfect size, not too small, not too large."

I felt that BMW engineers sought to emulate the E39 M5 with this car, knowing they could never hit that mark. Almost the same power, made up for by being not as heavy (in RWD form) and ironically the M5 was never known for steering feel either! Since I had to give up having my dream M5, this car was a natural choice for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seccsc View Post
Thank you for sharing and well written. I too, will be replacing my 2007 E90 335i hopefully here in a few weeks with M340xi. I've owned mine 13.5 years. Cheers and good health to you!
Cheers and thanks! Looking forward to your impressions!
Appreciate 0