JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Very impressed with Genesis lately, especially the new G80, wow! Definitely go for BMW for the thrill of driving. But for luxury, Genesis is hard to beat and for a fraction of the cost
Some of the new Genesis actually do the sport part well too. I was impressed last time I drove the G70 3.3TT with how good the handling was. Like Car and Driver said its 90% of the 3-Series for 75% of the price. A very good car for those who owned earlier Lexus IS or Infiniti G's since both brands have yet to make a compelling sports sedan recently. Ever since Albert Biernmann (ex-head of M division) joined the Hyundai group, there products have been very good.
Yes, I stand corrected! I am excited to see what Albert does in the coming years. He was instrument to the modern day M division as we know it. In fact, Moto-Man had a great interview with him a few months back. Very interesting to hear Albert's perspective and even the behind the scene story of how the 1M came to be.

I'm confident Genesis will actually match BMWs driving dynamics and features as long as people can get over the badge. I'm waiting for my M2C to arrive, but wouldn't be bad to have a G80 as a comfortable upscale cruiser in the garage as well.