10-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #3
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3erMan View Post
Thanks for the great write up and comparison to the Stinger. Like you, I just returned to BMW after unloading my e92 335i a couple of years ago. In between, I had a Genesis G70. Same basic platform as the Stinger. Unlike you, I had the 2.0T 4 cylinder which was, well, not a great engine and drivetrain. Everything about the car was good -- some things great -- but few of its attributes (if any) exceeded what the G20 offers.

No doubt, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have made remarkable progress over the last handful of years. A long while back, my mother bought a Hyundai Sonata. It was probably during the "cash for clunkers" program at the outset of the recession. We made fun of her to no end for buying a . . . ahem, Hyundai. Now, no one has any reason to feel ashamed driving those vehicles. (Although, truth be told, it would be a little difficult having a big KIA logo announcing your arrival everywhere.)

There are far too many brand snobs who will never give those brands a chance, but my Genesis was a good car. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the factors causing BMW to up its game with the 3 series. The F30 -- as you pointed out -- just wasn't a convincing choice for me back when the G70s came out and Audi refreshed the S4/S5 (which I also really like).

Cheers, and post some pics if you can!
Thank you and you had a great car. They say G70 is basically a lighter, more compact stinger. They REALLY came close to the 3 series... Kia / Hyundai is impressive. The new sonata looks like a million bucks and if i was searching for that price range, i would get it over Japanese brand. The progress on the Korean brands are incredible. In fact, Stinger / G70 is outdoing the Japanese counter parts, as I can think of no counter part from Japan for those cars.

Agree that people need to give them a chance. I was blown away when I first drove the Stinger. I remember thinking how in the earth is it possible for a Kia to out do a F30 340i..! Well, BMW sure did the right thing and developed the G20 real quick. Or I wouldn't have returned to BMW just yet lol

As soon as i take some good pics, ill load it up. Thank you.
Appreciate 2
3erMan153.00
stein_325i25083.00