09-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #4606
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I'm very used to being single, and am not someone who needs a relationship to be happy - but being in one could be nice. Or could drive me nuts. I am an introvert, so I don't crave the presence and validation of others, but I'm also an affectionate person so the presence of the right one could be good. It's determining the right one that I struggle with.

I've been hurt before but that's well in the past and not a factor now I don't think. What I don't need are games - I have senior executives at my company playing power games and don't need more shit outside work.
Everyone has their own issues, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being an introvert. My wife is one.

But reading some of your posts especially about few women taking interest in you is selling yourself short in my opinion.

Just trust your gut in these situations as it sounds like it's worked pretty well in other areas of your life.

I'm a big believer in karma....so be the best person you can be and when things are ready to happen in that aspect, I feel that they will happen no matter how long it takes.

I just read about you becoming withdrawn and losing interest, and you really need to break that cycle as much as your personality will allow as it could lead to more distrust of others....and you might miss out on someone who could care less about your financial accomplishments.

No one should have to feel that way unless that's just what they prefer.

Like I said...my wife is an introvert. I'm the opposite so she's come out of her shell big time in the last 8 year's or so. But she's also taught me that sometimes I'm too trusting of people. And let's face it, reality is that there are plenty of people out there looking to take advantage of others. It sucks but it's true.

It's definitely give and take between her and I as I have to respect her boundaries.

Not trying to critize you as I'm definitely not a shining example for people to follow.

I guess in all my ramblings....I'm just saying don't sell yourself short when it comes to this area of your life. Obviously you are successful, and you deserve to be happy in other areas of your life as well.

And if that means a partner to share your life with or just spend time with....you are as entitled to that as much as anyone else is.

Yours is just a unique situation given the circumstances, so I can appreciate the apprehension you may have. It just unfortunately means you might have to wade through more BS than other people might have to.
cmyx6go15581.00