View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 06:08 AM   #90
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Have you tried the Adaptive mode? BMW state the Adaptive mode has a comfort bias. Many find due to its ability to 'stiffen' a bit on demand, it is more comfortable to drive, as the body stays more composed.

I've no experience in the Gxx models with adaptive suspension, but it makes sense as it gives a mid range, similar to the Normal 'middle' mode in my F11. In my car Comfort gives the softest ride, but push on a bit and it is not as composed as running Normal mode, where better body control, without losing 'comfort' makes for the more balanced and better drive.

In technical terms the damper mapping is also more balanced around the spring rate. It has been an issue with the Fxx models with only the two base adaptive settings, not so matched to the spring rate. Adaptive Mode should help improve that, particularly for drivers who want comfort, but drive more enthusiastically.
I haven't used adaptive mode only because it cycles your throttle and transmission mapping as well. It's like the "smart" mode on other brands.
Appreciate 0