03-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRetroGuy View Post
Supposedly ETJA came with drive assist pro. Drive assist itself is awesome and worth every money, however, I have yet to see ETJA become available -- there is never more than 2 mode available from the steering wheel (distance control and drive assist). My understanding based on the owners manual is that when conditions are right (on a freeway or similar, going under a certain speed, etc) that a third mode becomes available.

I can get it to use regular drive assist (requires occasional touching of the wheel, etc) in traffic jam situations, but it seems to be too slow to take off each time the car ahead moves forward. Hopefully ETJA solves this. I thought maybe I wasn't testing under the correct conditions (the typical traffic jam I encounter on my daily commute home is not on a freeway), so this morning I intentionally entered a traffic jam to try to test ETJA. The third mode never became available.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
There is no third mode. The only difference is that under 40mph and with the attention camera enabled you don't have to touch the steering wheel. Looking up straight ahead is enough to keep the driving assist active.
Appreciate 0