United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottroc View Post
Hi guys, new to coding and have a couple of quick questions please:

1) I've seen a few cheap Enet adapters on eBay that say they are for the F-series. Presumably they would work on a G-series too wouldn't they? The pinouts for the ODB2 port are the same for both series I'd have thought?

2) I'm slightly confused whether I need Launcher for G-series? From the 1st post links I've downloaded Esys 3.27.1, PSdZData Lite 4.21.32 and the Launcher Pro that Tokenmaster was giving away in his blog, 2.8.2 build 162. But the Launcher token is only valid till 20th of this month and I haven't got my enet cable yet. But I'm only wanting to code one or two things so I don't really want to pay the £50 to get the token for a newer version especially as some people seem to have difficulty with him responding.

3) Between 1) and 2) above will I have everything I need? (Obviously I have a laptop.)

Thanks.
hottroc ,

Let me give your questions a go.

I have an ENet cable that I used on my F30 and have also used now on my G20.

On your laptop, you need the items listed. If you want to get the long term token, there are instructions in another thread on this forum or go to BimmerFest coding forum and get them there. From what I gather from posts, you must follow instructions EXACTLY and TokenMaster is notalways quick to respond.

Hope that helps!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0