View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #1216
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Don't do that in New Yorkistan State! We have *zero* reciprocity with any other state, *zero* tolerance for passing through our fine state with an unloaded handgun in a trunk-mounted lockbox, and laws on the books that make it an instant felony to even TOUCH a handgun in a licensed FFL store unless you have a state CCW permit.

The funny thing is that you have to own a handgun and include the serial number on a new CCW application. Gun stores here will gladly let you spend your money on a handgun and give you the paperwork, and then lock it in their safe for a year or however long it takes to get approved for the CCW. Because of the no-touch law, a purchaser without a CCW cannot handle any potential purchase before they buy it. If a sporting goods store employee doesn't have a CCW, they can't even take merchandise out of the display case to show you the features or even turn it over so that you can see the other side. Talk about catch-22!

When my DW and I were about to apply for our CCW's, we stopped at a Cabellas store down south during a road trip to handle the merchandise so that we could make our educated purchases at home.

Oh, and it bears mentioning that NYC is it's own island when it comes to CCW. Not only do they have zero reciprocity with anyone, they also have zero reciprocity with NY State (and vice-versa)! No lock-box transit through NYC, and an instant Riker's Island vacation stay (NYC's prison) for even walking between airport gates with an airline-approved lock box to change planes at JFK or LaGuardia Airports if traveling with your weapon.

It took us over a year to get our CCW's, but we did...and unrestricted at that. It took a total of six trips to notaries, three trips to the Sheriff's Department, one trip to the county clerk's office, fingerprints, a surprise home visit by a deputy to confirm where we lived, four un-related references who live in the county, fingerprints, police background and employment checks, an NRA gun safety course certificate, and a satchel full of papers...in duplicate. In many "free" states, I could have purchased a handgun same day if I presented their state driver's license and passed the mandatory federal background check.....
How the hell is that not completely unconstitutional and been tried in court?? I thought new jersey laws were bad
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
scostu1619.50