vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
How the hell is that not completely unconstitutional and been tried in court?? I thought new jersey laws were bad
A lot of people from NY State (not NYC) go to that big indoor range in Bergen County NJ to handle and try out handguns before starting the CCW process in NY.

It has been challenged many times. Governor No-No found out that the NRA was incorporated in NY State, and let's just say that they have written our state off in all of their legal fights ever since. The state is not denying anyone who jumps through all of the flaming hoops a CCW. Nobody said that it has to be a fast process though, and most CCW licenses are issued with a restriction that only allows home use and trips to a licensed range.

I forgot to mention the last stop in the process is a trip before the judge, who meets face-to-face with every single applicant to determine whether or not he/she will sign off on an applicant getting their CCW and whether it will be a restricted or the (impossible/rare in many counties) unrestricted permit.....