View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #7
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
In that year, it had to be hand wash since it didn't actually fit most car washes, even touchless one. I always worried about dings and scratches, bird drops and tree sap, etc.
Bird droppings yes, the rest not so much; I like them to look clean but I'm not OCD about it.
Quote:
It goes like a bat out of hell but I would get anxious from the Fast and Furious crowd trying to out race me at every turn.
I only ever had one incident like that in the Z cars. The STi was another story. I just wave and smile.
Quote:
I ruined a set of tires at 500 miles showing off by burning rubbers for no good reason.
Not my style so, no.
Quote:
I was afraid to take it to work and always parked far away.
Guilty, sorta. I enjoy the drive to work then obsess about where to park when I get there. I've also had it happen where the car is parked way out in the boondocks of the lot and I come out to find some jokester in a ratty Kia parked beside me. That was just mean.
Quote:
In winter time, it sits in the garage, covered up wasting payment and insurance.
Downgrade the insurance in winter and save yourself some money.
Quote:

It was near impossible to drive fast without getting legal attention.
I'm rural enough to be able to enjoy a performance car in the right situation, and I don't get 'enthusiastic' in other situations. Could be an age thing. But it is true that modern performance cars are impossible to drive at their full potential on public roads, lest one wants to risk serious jail time.
Appreciate 0