12-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Does anybody feel like the heavy steering feel in Sport is artificially too heavy? I know it's a "BMW thing" but it's definitely taking a bit of time to get used to. I drive in Sport Individual (everything set to Sport with the exception of steering and dampening set to comfort). However, I keep changing the steering back to Sport as it has the sensation of being tighter handling, but I don't think it actually is...it honestly just feels heavier just for the sake of being heavy. Steering feel in Sport Individual (Comfort) seems to be just as precise but just lighter NOT any more loose which is a good thing.

Not sure if this is a question, comment, observation, etc but I would love to hear everyone's opinions on the steering feel (I'm thinking only on the M340i since the other models have a different steering rack if I'm not mistaken).

I agree with everything you said. The steering is artificially heavy in sport+. I think BMW has confused precise to mean heavy.

That being said, I don't mind it. I like a bit of heft to the steering, but I do wish that was in conjunction with more precision and road feel.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2