10-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #17
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I wouldn't go "always." The Rangers weren't even a good team last year and basically choked the series away. They wouldn't have even been there if Houston didn't choke the division away.

This year, the Rangers were a better team, but their record was much better than their actual team. They were almost negative in run differential (I think like +8, the Cubs were +284) They had a pretty spotty bullpen and their biggest bat had to retire with neck injuries. The Rangers had a decent lineup, but got cold at the wrong time.

TOR clearly has a better team...look at their lineup and bullpen. All that said, if Darvish and Hamels actually pitched like they are capable, we probably had a different series.

My point here is TOR has actually had the better team 2 years in a row and they proved it. It wasn't really an upset either time. Texas is still trying to build. Just 2 years ago, they won 67 games. We need more bats with consistent power, particularly right handed.
That's a fair analysis. Yes, Toronto was supposed to win the 1st meetup and Texas really put it to them for whatever reason. The 2nd matchup was unexpected as well, considering the hatred between both sides.

I just wished there was none of this silliness of supposedly showing up the pitcher, it's like Big Papi said, whenever a pitcher strikes out someone in a crucial moment, they scream and do all sorts of 'celebrations', don't see any repercussions there.
Appreciate 0