Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 n X5M View Post
Dackelone,

You are awesome man!! Always posting us these remarkable photo journals. Tell us more about that RSR... why is it special and anything about its history.
Thanks. I try my best for you guys on Bimmerpost.com

Quote:
If I could ever afford a collectible car, I would hope to have an F40. Since I was 14 years old I have known of it and admired everything about it. I remember reading in the news paper on a Sunday morning about that car - being a kid who did not even drive. The information was that it could travel to 200 kph in 12 seconds. I never forgot that.

Thanks for the awesome pics!!
Yes, I have always lusted after the F40 too. I also find the Ferrari 288 GTO(the basis for the F40 in a lot of ways) pretty awesome too.

But I am a Porsche guy... and that Green Ruf park behind the hotel was my favorite car of the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
That RSR needed no explanation. I'd lick that thing clean with my own tongue.
Someone from Sotheby's said that this 911RSR needed a 100K detail job. I think IF I bought it... I'd keep it just the way it was. Reminded me of the LeMans wining race cars from Audi where they just pack up the car in the museum - with all the dead bugs, grease and brake dust - for future generations of car fans to see.

That 911 RSR... Only 10kms(!), found in some barn, the very last of the aircooled RSR's. No wonder why it sold for 2.25 million euros. But that 959 was a steal at under 1 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Dude, I was there for the events to cover them for the magazine I write for.

It would have been a pleasure to meet you and chat. I was in Italy for 10 days and all over the place.

And great pictures as usual. I will return next year so maybe we can coordinate to meet. Drinks are on me!
Well... Thanks. This was my fourth time attending the Concorso d'Eleganza. I really enjoy coming every year.

What magazine do you write for>? Send me a PM. My next event will be the IAA Frankfurt Auto Show in September. Maybe I will see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
It was unreal in the metal. Sotheby's had guys around it during Villa Erba in the afternoon.

They were getting specific information to bid later that evening. It was clearly the car people were most interested in.
I took these pics Friday evening. I prefer to get in and out without too much attention or people around. On Saturday and Sunday the crowds were huge! And Sotheby's had turned the cars around - to make it easier for the general public to see the cars on display. I prefer to see the cars when not too many people are around.

As I left that area on Sunday afternoon... the traffic backup went on for about 15kms. I could not believe everyone was trying to get into Villa Erba to see the cars there. BMW puts on quite an event!

the crowds on Sunday...
Name:  IMG_6484.jpg
Views: 2501
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6485.jpg
Views: 2559
Size:  167.7 KB

Dackel
Appreciate 1