View Single Post
      10-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra2814 View Post
I guess I’m thinking fully loaded. My 440 was 67k sticker so I’d imagine a slight bump for the new generation. Even with a 60k price for one with fewer options, lease payments will be north of 800/month. Just curious what the market might be for this type of pricing arrangement. I suspect BMW may be trying to bring the 3 series upmarket and perhaps be willing to sacrifice some sales volume to do so.
I like what the m340i probably going to be and all, but its going to have to play in the same price range as a S4 or C43 . I'd guess ultimately it'll attract just as many buyers as before proportionally, as the 330i isn't any faster than the old one... and the m3 will still be much more expensive.

Competition is more than when the F30 came out. I mean the W206 C class is right around the corner with an even more powerful M256 inline-6 and the Lexus IS will probably get some variant of the new 3.5L v6 twin turbo so its not like they can just irrationally price it. I get the feeling BMW is putting this many improvements in this car just to stay competitive not so much move the car up market.
Appreciate 1