Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I didn't... But I'm starting to kind of regret not getting it. I wish I had test driven one with adaptive to see what sort of difference it makes.

As it stands, I'm coming from a couple of cushy cars (Infiniti Q50 and Lexus IS), so the stiffness of the M340i is kind of shocking to me even though others have praised it to say it's not too stiff. I think the adaptive suspension may have helped smooth things over a bit on certain surfaces and tighten up when I want to have some fun.
I’ve read on many websites that the standard suspension is actually better than the other suspension when it comes to ride quality. They all claim that the car is stiffer with the M sport suspension even in comfort mode and the standard isn’t that bad. So if you’re looking at ride quality, I don’t think you’re missing out at all. I like the standard suspension on my 330i.
I had 3 test drives with M340i. 2 with M sport suspension, 1 with Active M. I liked Active M. It provided a softer ride but not too soft under comfort mode. Having the ability to make it stiffer when I want is awesome. I ended up ordering with Active M.