premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanzonfotos View Post
I find this annoying and was thinking my car's IR sensor was tripping out. It worked when i was at home, so i take it to the mall in glendale and when i get back to my car, the damn key doesnt register. I was there for about 15 min. and mall security ended up walking up to me and I had to explain that my card key isnt working and no I am not trying to steal this car. I did everything, tapped it on the outerside of the handle, inside the handle, flipped the card around and did both. Finally after walking away from the car and walking back, it recognized the card and unlocked. Security was ready to pull me away from the car thinking i was lying. Since that day, card is now tucked back into the car manual, never using that piece of junk again.
Exactly what I'm afraid of. Which is why, even though it has worked every time I tried, I still have my wife carry my key just in case.
When I go out alone, I always carry the key with me.

OT - Does connecteddrive not work for you? I would've tried unlocking my car via the app had it not worked for me. Just wondering whether it would start if the handle doesn't recognize the card.
Oh God, let's not start with connecteddrive app! Even more unreliable than the key card. Still waiting for a fix to this day!!!
Appreciate 1