LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffode View Post
The thing is most of the current BMW's aren't more fun to drive then their Mercedes equivalents, and some modern MB's actually have better steering. The whole point of BMW in my opinion was that it's a more sporty car, and if you wanted something more comfy like you do, you would purchase a Benz.

It's all fine I guess, but they shouldn't still be advertising their cars as the "Ultimate Driving Machine" if they are going to continue to keep releasing cars with the same dreary personalities.
I think that's kind of 530iDriver's point.

The stuff added much to the chagrin of enthusiasts like better infotainment, fancy seats, and advanced driver assistance systems (among other things) are much appreciated by us who drive the car on public roads only.

Driving it as a track toy or even wanting as much performance out of it as possible the extra weight of all of those things are a real drag. But the market for people wanting a track toy only is quite a lot smaller.

For me, I want a car that performs well so I an overtake without delay and have creature comforts too. The highways in Philly are a parking lot...

But I respect that each of us want different things. Definitely not easy to optimize for if you're a car maker like BMW. Perhaps they should offer a "bare bones" trim even more bare than the base model.
Appreciate 2
jhbodle145.50
530iDriver1707.50