View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #77
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleev View Post
I ordered my new 330 mid Feb, literally just before the pandemic kicked off.

My estimated build date was 1st June and delivery to dealer was 22nd June, however that was back in Feb. I've had no update since then in regards to dates being moved.

I am expecting I won't get the car till August now, does that seem realistic?

I notice Lex have on their website that no cars are being delivered, so there will be a huge backlog of cars to be delivered. Although I notice they are still saying no cars are being delivered despite lockdown being eased slightly. Surely they must be delivering by now? Many businesses are back to work.
I think delivery by the end of August is probably realistic. I believe they've been back in production in Germany for a couple of weeks and, while I understand they're not at their normal level, I'd guess firm orders like yours will take priority over building cars for stock; they'll obviously have a backlog to get through but even so I'd have thought yours should be built by early August. The only spanner in the works might be if they decide to have their normal summer shutdown but given the closure they've just had I wouldn't have thought they'd close the factory again in July - you never know though!

In terms of deliveries, I get the impression they're trying to make sure they have all the social distancing and Health & Safety angles covered at the distribution centres and hence I think deliveries won't get started properly until week commencing 1st June. Cars that were already at a dealer prior to lockdown might be delivered earlier although even then I get the impression dealers are inviting customers to collect; those insisting on delivery are, I think, often having to wait a little bit longer.
Appreciate 0