Drives: 2011.75 M3 Space Gray

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iToy View Post
Hi xsiv24,

I am not sure what was coded. I had to take it to my local Dealer and they coded it for me. It totally did not make sense to me. Most people it is just plug and play and no problems. I am friends with my Service Manager and he took care of it in less than 20 mins. If you have a Dealer close I would ask them. It has a 2 year warranty if you bought it from an authorized BMW Dealer/Retailer. I actually bought mine from the Netherlands because it was a few hundred US dollars cheaper. I think the price went up now. I wish I had more info for you.
Thanks for the reply 330iToy,

My local BMW servicing center here in Singapore refuses to go near it even with a 10-foot pole even though it's an original M Performance part. They still consider it "aftermarket". Weird rules here. I guess my next best option is to dry carbon wrap the original piano black trim to somehow look like this one. The fault in the light is just too much to look at. If you ever get a chance to find out what they coded, please just ease my suffering.. Thank you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiv24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iToy View Post
Hi xsiv24,

I am not sure what was coded. I had to take it to my local Dealer and they coded it for me. It totally did not make sense to me. Most people it is just plug and play and no problems. I am friends with my Service Manager and he took care of it in less than 20 mins. If you have a Dealer close I would ask them. It has a 2 year warranty if you bought it from an authorized BMW Dealer/Retailer. I actually bought mine from the Netherlands because it was a few hundred US dollars cheaper. I think the price went up now. I wish I had more info for you.
Thanks for the reply 330iToy,

My local BMW servicing center here in Singapore refuses to go near it even with a 10-foot pole even though it's an original M Performance part. They still consider it "aftermarket". Weird rules here. I guess my next best option is to dry carbon wrap the original piano black trim to somehow look like this one. The fault in the light is just too much to look at. If you ever get a chance to find out what they coded, please just ease my suffering.. Thank you..

That is terrible. If I remember the next time I see or talk to the Service Manager I will ask. Maybe it had to be recognized by the module. If I hooked up the old one it worked perfect. Have you tried that? Just to make sure all the connections were good. It was definitely coding. Maybe a local coder might know. It looks nice and the only part I don't like is that cheap metal "M Performance" plate. If it was embroidered like the F Series it would look better. It is quality though. I wish you luck. If I hear something I will pass it on.
Robert