View Single Post
      06-18-2022, 05:14 PM   #17
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTonio View Post
Is breaking in a new car still a thing or does bmw break in the cars during production? What's the proper method to breaking in your car? I currently have 230 miles on my m340 and I've been driving aggressive at high rpm's without remorse. After all, it's a lease and fully covered under warranty so why bother babying it during the first 1000 miles?
if you are like me and want the car to last forever, I break in my car so that it doesn't use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, diff exploding because of metal shavings, etc.

but if you are like you and you leased the car and don't care what happens to it after the warranty period, then you trash it and provide another statistic to "BMW explodes/never need an oil change coz you put in 10 quarts every 10,000 miles anyway".

i think the worst crime is BMW stating that M340i oil change period is 15-20,000 miles and then the finest of fine print "only if driven in normal conditions". without defining that normal conditions mean cruising on the highway and nothing else but cruising on the highway at all times.
Appreciate 0