04-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #44
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Nice work, we're making baby steps in getting it all functioning, as desired. It was same when the F-Series F30 was fairly new, a lot of trial and error to figure out the coding.

Two things I don't get are why would the turn signal hyper-flashing, when you rerouted it's output.. That's usually something integrated with incandescent bulbs, in which when it determines that their is a low voltage, it equals a symptom of a blown out bulb, thus, hyper-flash to indicate such, to the user. How you figure that the Euro taillight would change this?

Why would the hyper-flashing, bulb test still be used for LEDs, which already run on a low voltage, is beyond me. I assumed when BMW switch over to all LEDs, such warm/cold bulb checks were all deactivated. :

Also, I'm hearing various conflicting reports that some owners have the rear fog light LED diodes on their US-spec taillights and now you're saying they don't exist. I would nice to confirm this with some certainty.

I think hyper-flashing is happening bec of the small wiring differences and the ECU is possibly thinking that something is missing. I should note that when that happened, I did not get any light failure warnings on dash.

For the diodes, I confirm that they are there. I think, we are just missing the wiring like the G30s but that is to be confirmed

I should also note thatI contacted Stephan and asked him about what were are trying to do. He did mention that it is possible through expert mode but did not offer any additional details. So it sure is hidden somewhere.

What I also would like to know is if roxxor 's tails function as the ROW cars do where the brake lights are separate from turn signals. This is something that I really would like to accomplish through this coding.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0