09-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #9
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I think the issue here is what type of car. If a performance car (and there aren't a lot of them as loaners) then I would share the concern. Would users take it out and abuse it while their car was in the shop (like renters did with Hertz Shelbys)? But otherwise, I don't see a problem. Most people drive loaners to and from their work or house and not on a track.
I had a coworker that abused all rentals, this wasn't just driving fast but really stupid, from cold starts to bouncing off the redline all in the same mile, pointless down shifts that put it at redline. I found it very irritating. Cornering at high speeds doesn't hurt anything, driving fast doesn't either.

I agree he is out of the ordinary and this could happen to any used car but I will pass unless it is a great deal. At least advertised prices I don't see most loaners being cheap enough that I would consider them great deals. I've know some that love loaners and my favorite is when they say it's so much cheaper than a new car. Well it isn't a new car so that's part of it.

I will stick with buying slightly used one owner cars.

Last edited by David70; 09-28-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0