View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
I have to agree with previous posters, I do like the design. But then again I also really like the new A-class design which starts to trickle down (or up?) into the other models. I can see how other's think it's too generic since it basically looks like an A-class sedan with some extra wheelbase. Also wtf those headlights are real ugly lol. At least they get that cool new features Audi had first.

But the interior, woooow that's gorgeous. The wood trim looks phenomenal and the leather stitching looks just right. On the Individual leather of the 7 series I think it's a bit too much, in the mercedes though.... But i can imagine that being a $16k designo package just like the $10k Individual on the BMW. Would'be loved if they kept the touchpad/rotary controller just like the A-Class or BMW, but they are doing a full Audi here. On the A7/A8 the infotainment is TERRIBLE. You have to actively look away from the road, refocus on the screen tap and then look back again, which means you have your eyes off the road for like 5-10 seconds. I don't like the direction they are going and BMW seems to join the trend if you look at e.g. the 2er active tourer spy shots.

Overall still a very good car, will probably stay at the top of the luxury segment as expected.
I like the look of the A Class sedan as well, but I don't think this translates into the jumbo sized version of it. I like the refreshed E Class as well, so it's not just the overall style MB is going with, it's this in particular. To me it looks like the size of the front and rear lights are just too small for it's body size, whereas it fits nicely on all of the other smaller models.
Flamingi531.00