08-26-2021, 07:00 AM   #29
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1985 View Post
Found out yesterday that my car is on route to the port, assuming its bremerhaven. Has anyone had any experience on how long a wait until it gets to the boat and the UK?
Mine was about a week or so! Like I mentioned in an earlier post I think my status updates were always a bit behind time and the car was closer than I thought!
Do you know what status code your's is showing?
You say you've been informed it's on route to port so it may be
8200 Released to carrier or 9000 Departed plant. Mine was at 9000 and then 3 days later was at 9605 Pre EU port of exit.
4 days later it at Southampton showing 9650 Awaiting despatch to dealer/Cleared customs(UK)/Released to transport company!
It was on site at the dealership 7 days later.
Like I said the updates were all over the place a bit though!
The 'expected delivery date' is still the best benchmark to judge when it will arrival at the dealership.

Probably coming out of Bremerhaven although could be Cuxhaven. Most likely will arrive at Southampton but then again may come into Immingham. I think it all depends how BMW arrange the cargo manifests.

I used 'vessel finder.com' from a google search to look at which car carriers were in port at Bremerhaven and Cuxhaven to try and 'second guess' when the car would be coming over, it's only two days sailing time to the UK ports.I found it an amusing way to while away the time whilst I was waiting somewhat impatiently for it to land on these shores!
Appreciate 0